If this is your first renewal, you may take all of your courses online.
STATE LICENSE RENEWAL
For Renewal of License Following Your First Renewal:
- 24 CE Hours, 12 of which can be online
- CE-SWI’s course is an online 12-hour course
- Two-hour course relating to prevention of medical errors
- Two hours of Florida Laws and Rules governing the Massage Therapy Act
- Two hours of Professional Ethics
For First Renewal:
- Licensees must complete one hour of CE for each month or partial month that has elapsed since the issuance of the license for which renewal is sought, up to a maximum of 24 hours for the renewal period.
- Online: All can be taken online for first renewal
- Required: Two-hour course relating to prevention of medical errors
For Initial Licensure:
Applicants are required to submit proof of completion of the following continuing education (CE) prior to issuance of license:
- Ten hours of Florida Laws & Rules for Massage Therapy
- Two hours relating to prevention of medical errors
- Three hours HIV and AIDS prevention
Instructions for license renewal can be found here.
While SWI works hard to keep this site’s information updated and as accurate as possible, we can not guarantee the information contained herein is reflective of Florida’s current rules and regulations. You can confirm Florida’s current rules and regulations; see “Contact Information.”
Department of Health
Board of Massage Therapy
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399-325
- Phone: (850) 488-0595
- Website: Florida Board of Massage Therapy
- Click “CE” then click either “First Biennial Renewal Only” or “Following Your First Renewal.”
Like most other entrepreneurs, we seem to always be working. Drop us a line anytime.
St Francisville LA 70775
(North of Baton Rouge)
(225) 784 – 2168