Continuing Education Hours: In order to renew a certificate biennially, you must:
- Hold a current NCBTMB certification OR earn 24 CE hours every 2 years (Includes one hour in professional ethics).
Online: 12 CE hours allowed online
- Virginia provides certain exemptions for CEs on first renewal.
- You can be exempt for the first biennial renewal following the date of initial certification in Virginia.
- The board may grant an exemption for all or part of the requirements for circumstances beyond the control of the certificate holder, such as temporary disability, mandatory military service, or officially declared disasters.
Board of Nursing Perimeter Center
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300
Henrico, Virginia 23233-1463
- Phone: (804) 367-4515
- Automated License Verification: (804) 270-6836
- Fax: (804) 527-4455
- Virginia Board of Nursing
While SWI works hard to keep this site’s information updated and as accurate as possible, we can not guarantee the information contained herein is reflective of Virginia’s current rules and regulations. You can confirm Virginia’s current rules and regulations; see “Contact Information.”
Like most other entrepreneurs, we seem to always be working. Drop us a line anytime.
St Francisville LA 70775
(North of Baton Rouge)
(225) 784 – 2168